WELCOME TO GRAMP'S TOOLSHE

WELCOME TO GRAMP'S TOOLSHED







Guns, Dungeons&Dragons, Catholic, Libertarian, booklover, weird sense of humor, and lifelong soldier.






Friday, April 7, 2017

Weapons Corner

Lately I have been looking at Smith and Wesson a lot more.  

I am turning into a bit of a Glock and S&W guy.  

I do have one Springfield Armory, and I have my eyes set on buying two more of them (the XD-S 9mm 4 inch barrel, and the XD Mod 2 9mm 5 inch barrel).

I also have one Ruger, and would like to start buying Americans and at least one SR-22.

I like Walther, and I definitely plan on getting one of their Creeds.

H&K's are nice, but they are just too expensive at this point to seriously consider them.

FN's are pretty much in the same boat, but I do occasionally see a good deal float by, and if I can, I will try to snatch a few up.  

Colts are practically nonexistent these days, and the only really new thing that they have come up with anytime lately is the Cobra.  I would like one of those, but they aren't hitting the market and it doesn't look like they are going to be around for long.  Even when they show up, they are way too expensive and sell out immediately.

I do still have a few Taurus's and one Kel Tec.  I am not quite sure what to do about those.  I keep on thinking that I should sell them so that I could use that money to buy a couple of really good weapons.  Then, the more I think about it, the more I kind of think that I should never sell and keep everything out of desire to love guns, sentimentalism for my original purchases,

I like CZ, and I would really like to someday get a CZ85 and possibly even a P-07.  They are pretty affordable, but just not quite high enough on my list yet.

SIG Sauer's are awesome, but the decocking lever on most of them don't work with left handers like me.  I do want to get one of the 320's though since I love the modular concept, and it was selected as the Army's new sidearm.

Speaking of which, the Beretta's are pretty interesting.  I do want to get an M9 since that was the pistol for the duration of my military career.  The Storm's are cool pistols with the rotating barrel and the pistol caliber carbines look like they would be perfect for home defense.


















No comments:

Post a Comment