WELCOME TO GRAMP'S TOOLSHE

WELCOME TO GRAMP'S TOOLSHED







Guns, Dungeons&Dragons, Catholic, Libertarian, booklover, weird sense of humor, and lifelong soldier.






Thursday, March 9, 2017

Big Day at DEED!!!

Today we had a Cultural Awareness speaker at DEED.

A Somali guy named Haji who was one of the founders of United Cloud.

He gave a pretty boilerplate explanation of saying that Muslims are basically just like Polish immigrants, and that Islam is pretty much just Catholicism and that anyone who says differently is just racist or spreading hate and fear.

I was so tempted so many times to speak up but I never did.

It is so weird because I know I could have, and I have many times in the past.

And I know that part of my reason for not speaking up was just that I still want to keep my job, and if I had told the truth today, there is a good chance that I would no longer have a job.

But more than anything, I just had a really horrible sense of despair.   I looked around the room at all the women I work with, and I looked at their faces.

I know that there are a few women in that room who were smart enough to look into things and think for themselves, but the vast majority of them really just wanted to believe what they were being told.  Not even for being dumb either.  Plenty of them are quite smart and mentally agile, but just don't want to have to think for themselves.

I feel bad because they have the best option already on the table, and most of them have either neglected it or completely abandoned it by choice.

They are like empty vessels just waiting to get filled up, and since they have turned away from truth and love, they are inevitably being filled with hate.

And not only that, but they seem to be excited about it too!!

















No comments:

Post a Comment