WELCOME TO GRAMP'S TOOLSHE

WELCOME TO GRAMP'S TOOLSHED







Guns, Dungeons&Dragons, Catholic, Libertarian, booklover, weird sense of humor, and lifelong soldier.






Sunday, February 5, 2017

Weekend update - WIND GAMES

Pretty good weekend.

This is the Superbowl weekend.  Atlanta Falcons versus the New England Patriots.

I was going to go down and watch it with Chad, but I decided to stay home since my jeep is still unreliable.

I did get the oil changed, the tire fixed and the remote entry fixed, so that is good.  Still haven't found the time or the money to get the Heater Core replaced and the brakes changes.

I did Saturday Mass and spoke with Father Tim.  I think Katie from work was singing in the choir.

Today I went shooting.

I shot 45acp's today including my Springfield XD and my Taurus 24/7 G2 Compact.

My marksmanship is just horrible!!!!

Last weekend with all the 9mm's I was hitting pretty bad and I had the targets out at the second layer of braces.

So this weekend I moved the target to the first - closest layer, and I was still hitting low and not having tight groups at all.

I did better with the Walther PPQ22, but it makes sense that practice and a closer target would yield better results.

I need to keep practicing as much as I can.

That is going to be hard though since next weekend is Drill and the weekend after is the Con of the North.

I might have to spring for some indoor range time.

My run is doing ok.  I have been doing longer slower runs, and I think I am making progress on getting used to long runs, and conditioning my body.  I need to make it a regular habit though to reap the best results.

I am totally off diet though, and my weight shows it.  I am fluctuating between 219-223 pounds.  Mot good.



Also - - - - I found this new thing called Wind Games.

This has captured my imagination and I have been thinking about it all weekend.  It is so cool, and the kind of thing that it almost seems like modern society takes for granted, but any other point of human history would have considered an expression of God!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O70OfBaxWwo


https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3qlzQBryT9A
















No comments:

Post a Comment