WELCOME TO GRAMP'S TOOLSHE

WELCOME TO GRAMP'S TOOLSHED







Guns, Dungeons&Dragons, Catholic, Libertarian, booklover, weird sense of humor, and lifelong soldier.






Thursday, September 1, 2011

After America

I finished reading Mark Steyn's most recent book, and he has yet again outdone himself.  I can never believe how well he can read the important trends in the modern world and sort out what is going to be the strongest influences, and how they are going to pan out.  His book five years ago America Alone is still one of my all time favorites, and even though I have read it close to one hundred times, I zipped through it again recently, and it was amazing how right he was on how the influx of Muslim immigrants was going to affect the political culture of Europe.  Going back and reading those words from 5 years ago is a shock at how accurate it is to the front page news of today.  I highly recommend both books to anyone interested in current events, and how the course of history is turning in our lifetimes.

No comments:

Post a Comment